Our Commitment to Privacy
At CampVision, we take your privacy seriously.
When dealing with your personal information we observe our obligations under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (“PDPA“), as well other relevant legislation.
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal data.
The Types of Information We Collect
The types of personal information we collect include:
- contact details (name, address, telephone numbers, email, etc);
- letter and email details;
- donation history; and
- credit card and/or bank account
The types of sensitive information we collect include records of communication between us, which may include from time to time, information you provide us or we collect from others. This includes, but is not limited to, the following types of information:
- NRIC / FIN number;
- personal financial information;
- personal credit card data;
- any idiosyncratic or personal information we obtain from you or others about you; and
- photographs taken at events or posted on
Why We Collect Your Personal Information
CampVision is a secular volunteer-driven movement made up of individuals who share a common vision to contribute and make a difference in the lives of less-fortunate youths. We collect information about people so as to allow us to communicate with them, introduce them to our organisation, inform them of the work we do and encourage donations so we can continue to provide opportunities and a safe place for the youths from different background and social circumstances to get connected, to be empowered to live their dreams, and be leaders of their lives.
In different aspects of the work we do, we will require your information to better serve our youths, volunteers as well as donors. We generally collect the information we need to deliver and improve our programs and initiatives. We do not use the information in any way other than the purpose it is collected for.
We may also use your information for the following purposes:
- for the immediate reason for which you have provided it to us (for example, to enable us to process your request, payment, registration etc);
- to maintain contact with you about our work, to inform you about our programmes and initiatives, or to encourage you to learn about what we do;
- any other purpose directly related to our programmes and initiatives and for which you have provided consent (where it is reasonably required by law);
- to comply with requests by government agencies; and
- contact other welfare agencies (where you have agreed to).
Sometimes we may be legally required to disclose your information, for example, to government departments like Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore for submission of tax deductions.
If you are under the age of 13, please consult your parent or guardian before providing us with your personal information.
If you are under the age of 18, please consult your parent or guardian before donating to CampVision.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We may collect information from you either directly or from third parties. Information we collect from third parties may be by formal or incidental means.
We collect personal information about our supporters, donors, volunteers, members, employees, contractors and service providers. We collect your information in the following ways:
- face to face contact;
- electronically including through our website and online surveys;
- via social media messages or conversation;
- during phone calls;
- voice or image recordings during our programmes or initiatives;
- whilst delivering and administering programmes or initiatives;
- from forms and other correspondence (both in writing and electronically);
- when you donate through the SG Gives website under The Community Foundation of Singapore; and
- from government agencies and welfare organisations.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We only use your personal and sensitive information for the reason we collect it as set out above and for the purpose(s) for which it was collected, or as otherwise permitted by law.
We will not disclose the above information that we collect to partners or third parties without your consent.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can access your information by asking us. Occasionally, we may need to refuse your request to access information, for example, where granting you access would infringe someone else’s privacy.
When you request access, we will ask you to provide some form of identification so that we can ensure that you are the person to whom the information relates.
We will aim to respond to you within 30 days upon receiving your request.
If we’re not able to help with your request, you will receive an explanation as to why.
Feedback about a Breach of Your Privacy
If you are concerned about how we have collected or managed your personal information, we request that you follow the procedure set out below.
- Contact us at email@example.com and ask for our Data Protection
- Submit your feedback to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to effectively address your feedback, we may request further information from you about your feedback and the reasons behind
- After we receive all the information we need from you, allow us approximately 30 days to address your
Disclosing Your Personal Information
Occasionally we may use an external vendor to process, data-entry, administrative services or back-up information or to provide other services.
As a result, we may disclose your personal information to them for these purposes.
We do not otherwise disclose or transfer your personal information to an external party.
Securing Your Information
We take reasonable steps to ensure the security of personal and sensitive information we hold and to protect it against loss, misuse or unauthorised access, destruction, use, modification or disclosure.
Our IT systems are protected and comply with applicable security standards. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access these details.
It is our policy to destroy personal information once it is no longer necessary for us to retain it.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to third party websites (such as the SG Gives website), and third party websites may also have links to our website.
We encourage you to read the privacy policies of any website you link to from our website.